Name of the Association shall be "Bangalore Medical College Alumni Association" (BMC Alumni Association) and office situated in Bangalore Medical College, Campus.
Aims and Objectives
To establish contact with all old students of the college and meet periodically.
Main Objectives are to help the Association and keep the identity of the college in which we studied.
- Many old students have gone into various filed of Medicine in India and abroad, the Association would be the best and most suited arena to bring them together to exchange nostalgic feelings, ideas, thoughts, improve scientific knowledge and approach to medical problems faced in day to day practices of Medicine.
- Arrange meetings to discuss on how to improve the Association and help the college needs if possible.
- Holding Scientific meetings Conferences of National and International standard.
- Social get-together annually or biannually on a fixed date and month.
- Helping deserving and needy students of Bangalore Medical College financially or otherwise and assistance to postgraduate specialties abroad as considered feasible by the Association.
- Any BMC Alumni member visiting and wishing to give lectures or promote courses, arrangements can be made by the Association.
- Public Education Programme in various discipline of Medicine can be arranged as feasible, also health check up programmes in slum areas and rural areas etc.
Presently office of the Association will be at Bagalore Medical College. The Address is as follows-
BMC Alumni Association,
Bangalore Medical College,
Fort, Bangalore-560 002.
All qualified students of Bangalore Medical College are eligible to become members of the BMC Alumni Association. They should have Graduate/Post graduate of BMC Certificate issued from Bangalore Medical College as a proof of evidence of their identity.
Category of Memership
- Life Member:
Must be a BMC Graduate / Post graduate. Life membership fee will be fixed by the Executive Committee periodically.
- Honorary Members:
Superachievers in Medical Field other than BMC Alumni are eminent in their field, Internationally with high scientific attainment may be elected as honorary members if approved by the executive committee. The proposing member should provide or furnish curriculum vitae, and evidence of scientific achievements of the proposed member and forward the same to the President of the Association.
The following are the office Bearers:
- Vice President
- Honorary Secretary
- Joint Secretary
In addition to the above office bearers there will be eight executive committee members all of whom are elected. Immediate past President and Secretary will be ex-officio members and will attend all meetings and have the right to vote in any elections.
- The Principal of Banglore Medical College shall be a Permanent Patron of the Association. He/She will attend all meetings
- There shall be a committee of four distinguished members of our Association duly nominated by the Executive Committee. The Principal of Bangalore Medical College will be one of the Members. This committee will be called "Advisory Board". One member the Advisory Board will co-ordinate with the existing office bearers, should there be any need. The function of the Advisory Board will be mainly to solve or sort out unsolved problems faced by the existing Executive Committee. They do not have any voting rights. They will not attend regular Executive Committee Meetings. They will come into picture only when there is a major decision making situation or any irregularity on the part of the existing committee or the past committee, based on substantial evidence to support their intervention. The term of the Office of the Office-bearers will be for a period of three years.
Finances and Assets
The following are the financial sources of the Association:
- Membership fees.
- Donations by individual etc.
- Interest earned from invested money.
- Delegates fees or contributions collected from conferences etc.
Ammendments of Rules, Bye-Laws
Any forthcoming changes in the existing constitution shall be scrutinized by the executive committee first. If found acceptable the same shall be passed on to the General Body. Changes of such nature shall be passed only if two-third majority of the General Body approve of such a resolution and such changed bye-laws will be valid and applicable.
- Membership entry: All old students of BMC with MBBS or Post Graduate Degree (MD or MS) or Diploma Courses are eligible to apply for membership on a prescribed form. After scrutiny by the Executive committee they shall be considered for membership.
- Rights of members. All members have privileges to attend and participate in all general meetings, lectures, conferences and social gatherings.
- Life Members, Ordinary Members are eligible to vote and contest for elections held by the Association.
- Members may resign at any time by writing to the Secretary. If re-entry or admission is desired by the member, he/she should clear all the dues if any.
Rights of Executive Committee
- Executive Committee hold the right to ask a member to resign from the Association if the Executive Committee finds the same member acting in a manner that is prejudicing the interests of the Association.
- Executive committee holds the right to re-admit a candidate after payment of all previous dues and the membership fee applicable at that time.
|Overseas Life Membership
||U.K -25/- pounds.
U.S. - $50/-.
Other Countries - $50/-
|Immediate Past President
|Immediate Past Secretary
- General Body Meeting must have 25 members to start the meeting, following this meeting shall be adjourned for 10 minutes, then meeting can go even without the quorum.
- Executive Committee Meeting.
Five members make the quorum
The committee shall open a Bank account (SB) in the name of Bangalore Medical College Alumni Association at the State Bank of India, situated in the College, Fort Road, Bangalore and shall put all the money into this account, President and Treasurer will operate the Bank Accounts. In the absence of President, Vice President and Treasurer will sign any Cheques to be issued.