The knowledge in the present scenario is changing rapidly in multidimensional ways. New developments in the field of medical science environment leading to enormous growth of literature and information resources. Due to change in the information needs of the medical fraternity, the medical fraternity is dependent not only upon print information but also on electronic information, databases, CD-ROMS etc. To keep the user aware of current developments in their respective areas, it is necessary for information science to synthesize and integrate new ideas at single platform for common access. This will enable the users to enhance their academic and research skills in their fields at minimum expanse of time, money and matters.
Thus, the BMC Alumni Association has gifted a state of the art DIGITAL LIBRARY and SEMINAR HALL to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of the BMC College.
- Has a server with 70 nodes.
- The network extends to all the spaces in the whole building.
- Information from the server or nodes can be accessed from anywhere within the building.
- Wi-Fi transmitter are placed, one each, in the library and the seminar hall. This facilities users with Wi-Fi enabled laptops to access the server and the Internet.
Right wing anf left wing of the Library. Total 64 nodes connected on 100Mb/sec LAN. Internet facility of 2Mb/sec speed
Digital Library Services
- Provide access to full text articles from E-Journals, E-Books, theses, Open Archives, Teaching CDs and multimedia presentations etc. from Local, National & International databases.
- Access the internet, E-mail through 2 mbs Broadband connection.
- Full Text Articles service through E-mail request.
- Color scan from the scanner, printing both laser and Inkjet.
- ISRO EDUSAT Telemedicine facility enables E-Teaching. The Medical Colleges, Pharmaceutical companies and Scientific Laboratories can hook up with any institution with telemedicine facility and transfer their scientific lecture to the outside institution or receive a scientific lecture from that institution.
BMC Telemedicine and e-Teaching Room - Sony video conferring device, 29" TV, Computer with video capturing device
- HELINET Consortium from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, access to full text journal articles and E-Books.
- NIMHANS Library Database.
- PUB-MED and Other International Library Databases.
- Audios, Videos, E-Books and E-Journals on Medical, Dental and Nursing Sciences.
- Individual Membership : is open to medical undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates on furnishing suitable identification to the library staff.
- Institutional Membership : Open to all Medical Institutions, Pharmaceutical Companies and Scientific Laboratories.
The BMC Alumni Association & Development trust is also provided with state of the art fully air conditioned seminar hall located in the first floor of the Digital Library Buildings. It is available for use by medical & paramedical departments of all institutions.
BMC Seminar Hall : Consists of 280 Seating, fully furnished AC Hall, LCD Projector and screen, Audio System and Focusing Lights.
- Comfortable seating capacity to accommodate 280 persons.
- Equipped with fine audio system with cordless/collar microphones facility
- Video projection facility with high resolution LCD projector
- Overhead projectors
- Slide projectors
- Computers available for presentations
- Internet facility available
- The atmosphere of the hall is kept cool with centralized A/C system.
- The power supply to the hall is backed up with UPS & a diesel generator.
- Dining space hall for breakfast, lunch & denier
- Central location / large car parking space